Friday, June 26, 2009

Sell Reports - How You Can Make $265 a Day

A while back I was talking to a friend of mine who is a successful online marketer. In her business, she mostly focuses on selling reports. Basically these are "mini ebooks" or reports that usually have a "how to" theme. So they are usually guides about "how to do this" or "how to approach this subject."

She keeps the information simple in her reports and she is making more than $100,000 a year from just the publishing part of her business. I was once a journalism major, and my friend has been telling me for years that I should start creating and selling my own reports online.

But the whole idea was pretty intimidating at first. Eventually she showed me how easy it is to get set up using a free blog (or a website of my own) and creating a simple PayPal button to accept payments from customers. And she guided me through the process of writing my first report, which was a how to guide about a weird hobby I've been into for years. A lot of people are interested in this hobby and I discovered that there weren't a lot of books out there on the subject. And there definitely weren't any short, user-friendly guides available online.

So I published my first report and was surprised to see earnings within the week! And I hadn't even advertised my new ebook yet, except for mentioning it on one forum that I participate in regularly.

This encouraged me to keep at it. I learned how to drive traffic to my website and to add content related to my report to entice readers to keep coming back for more. I also had to learn some other things to increase earnings.

It's not hard getting started selling reports online, and you don't have to be a great writer. Instead, imagine that you're jotting down some notes for a friend, and keep your language simple. Don't use what my father calls "million dollar words." That is, don't write using fancy vocabulary. Try to write as you speak, in a natural and user-friendly way.

If you do that, and you can put together a good outline of topics to cover, you'll quickly discover that you've completed writing your first report. And selling it can be as simple as setting up a free blog and a payment button to receive payments. You can also put together your own website. This is easily done with free templates and a simple, shared hosting plan.

Every time I publish a new report it costs me about $9 to get started. That's what it costs to register a new domain name. I add it to my shared hosting plan where I host a bunch of different websites using one hosting plan. And everything after that is pure profit.

You can get started making sales almost instantly after you publish your first report. You can send an email out to all your friends on your "contacts" list, or you can publish some free articles online at an articles directory and list the link to your website. All of this will bring people to your sales page.

Writing and publishing your first report can be the hardest part. After you learn how to do it, chances are that you'll soon become addicted to this extremely fun and financially rewarding way of earning some extra income. With each report you sell, you are adding to a stream of ongoing, passive income. It doesn't get any better than that!

Want to learn how to sell reports online? I'll show you how in my free report: Fast, Sweet Ebook Profits.

No comments: